- Author: David Dapice, Harvard University Myanmar is transitioning from military rule to democracy — a difficult project considering that the country has never been united. The difficulties of this transition date back to 1947 when the Panglong Agreement was reached, which formalised Myanmar’s independence from Britain. But while the Burmese military argued for a unitary […]Read More »
- Kang Ha Neul (Dongju: The Portrait of a Poet) and Jung Woo (The Himalayas) will take the lead roles in the crowdfunded crime thriller Retrial about a teenage boy who is wrongly imprisoned for murder. Directed by Kim Tae Yoon (Another Family), the film is based on a sensational murder case that took place in 2000 and recently came into the spotlight again after a SBS news program revealed more new evidence last year.Read More »
Set in the city of Iksan, the story starts with the mysterious death of a middle-aged taxi driver. Having seen the real murderers leave the scene, Hyun Woo, played by Kang Ha Neul, becomes the sole witness of the case but he gets falsely accused as... Read More
- Equity benchmarks extended gains on Monday with the Nifty closing above 8700 level for the first time since October 6, supported by ICICI Bank, Tata Motors and ONGC. Positive global cues also lifted the market sentiment.Read More »
- Read More »
IF CLEVELAND were given the right to veto any potential trade agreement between American and another country, how many trade agreements would ever be enacted? One reasonable guess is: none. If the federal government then deprived Cleveland of the right to veto trade agreements, would that be anti-democratic?
For those who missed the news: last week the parliament of Wallonia (one of the three regions which make up the state of Belgium) voted to block the Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA), which is an ambitious trade deal negotiated between Canada and the European Union. Wallonia’s population is less than 1% of that of the EU has a whole: comparable to the share of America’s population residing in the Cleveland metropolitan area. It seems slightly perverse that so small an area could block so important a deal which had been so long in the making. Especially when the other party in the deal in question is Canada, seemingly as innocuous a trade partner as one could wish for.
- Read More »
The National Symposium ‘A call to freedom and justice in the family and society: ethical concerns and pastoral approaches’ ends with a march for life in Bandra, from St Andrew’s Church to Our Lady of the Mount Basilica. For Card Gracias, “Today, human life is threatened on many fronts.”
- Read More »
Shoma Uno landed three quad jumps successfully in the men’s free program Sunday en route to victory at Skate America, the opening event of the ISU Grand Prix season. The 18-year-old Uno earned a career-best 279.34 points for his performance at Sears Center Arena while Americans Jason Brown and Adam Rippon finished second and third […]
- Are hack attacks aimed at the technology behind Bitcoin and other virtual currencies undermining confidence in the digital cash world?Read More »
- Colombian Chef in Singapore - Fernando Arevalo, Executive Chef at Artemis Grill.Read More »